In Sweet Memory of
Late Shri Lokuram Saluja(Retired Railyway Driver) & Late Smt. Leelawanti Saluja
About Blood Donation
Donating blood is safe and simple. It takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete the blood donation process. Any healthy adult between 18 years and 60 years of age can donate blood. This is what you can expect when you are ready to donate blood:
- You walk into a reputed and safe blood donation centre or a mobile camp organised by a reputed institution
- A few questions will be asked to determine your health status (general questions on health, donation history etc). Usually you will be asked to fill out a short form.
- Then a quick physical check will be done to check temperature, blood pressure, pulse and haemoglobin content in blood to ensure you are a healthy donor.
- If found fit to donate, then you will be asked to lie down on a resting chair or a bed. Your arm will be thoroughly cleaned. Then using sterile equipments blood will be collected in a special plastic bag. Approximately 350 ml of blood will be collected in one donation. Those who weigh more than 60 Kg can donate 450 ml of blood.
- Then you must rest and relax for a few minutes with a light snack and something refreshing to drink. Some snacks and juice will be provided.
Blood Donation Eligiblity
DOs and DONTs of Blood Donation
Let others take benefit from your good health. Donate blood if ...
- you are between age group of 18-60 years.
- your weight is 45 kgs or more.
- your haemoglobin is 12.5 gm% minimum.
- your last blood donation was 3 months earlier.
- you are healthy and have not suffered from malaria, typhoid or other transmissible disease in the recent past.
There are many, many people who meet these parameters of health and fitness!